021 7692 96
You will need to provide the following Evidence:
- Proof of Ownership – The registration or change of ownership papers plus an invoice, bill of sale or receipt, etc
- Emissions Standards – Australian design rules (ADR) plate or statement of compliance that includes an approved emission standard
- Frontal Impact Standards - it appears on our list of compliant vehicles, ADR compliance plate or statement of compliance
- Fuel Consumption – fuel consumption certificate
- Light-Vehicle Brakes Standards for Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
- Heavy-Vehicle Brakes Standards
- Overall Standards – ADR compliance plate or statement of compliance.
Proof of ownership
You need to provide evidence that you're the legal owner of the vehicle. This can include:
- The original documents showing the ownership history to the last registered owner in Australia (eg deregistration or change of ownership papers)
- An invoice, bill of sale or receipt, etc
Evidence of compliance with emissions standards
For both used and parallel-imported new vehicles, a statement of compliance that includes an approved emission standard is acceptable proof your vehicle meets New Zealand requirements.The emission standards applying to light vehicles are coded ADR 79. You can determine the version of the ADR 79 standard from the date on the ADR compliance plate.
Evidence of compliance with frontal impact standards
If your vehicle is Class MA, MB or MC, you must prove that it was manufactured to meet an approved frontal impact standard. Depending on the date of manufacture you can provide proof of its compliance: